Saturday, July 28, 2012

I Have a Dilemma

So, as the title implies, I have a dilemma. It has to do with my summer vacation plans next year. There are several things I really want to do next summer, but as it turns out, three if those things are on the same weekend. So what's a nerd to do?

The first, and probably most important, would be San Diego Comic-Con. Next year it's being held July 18th to 21st. It's later in the month than it was this year, but lines up more with the previous year. Clearly I have to go to Comic-Con again. It's been the best part of my year two years running!

Second, although the one of least consequence, would be San Diego Pride, which happens to be that same weekend. Which is either really convenient or really inconvenient. I was hoping they'd be a week apart again so I could take an extra week in SD to take that in. If it's the same weekend, I don't need to use any extra time off, but it means I would have to skip out on part of Comic-Con to see the Pride stuff. Hrmmm...

Third, and of more consequence, is Tough Mudder. I've decided I'm doing it next year. But the one I wanted to do in Calgary is that same weekend! I was getting all excited for it, but looks like I can't do that one... But all is not lost! There is another one in Vancouver/Whistler in August. So I can still do it, I just figured Calgary might be more fun 'cause I haven't been there in something like 7 years.

So, by getting this all out, I've pretty much made my decision. Comic-Con wins out with slight Pride interruptions, and Tough Mudder a month later. Of course, that is all depending on whether or not I get my badge for Comic-Con next year. Gotta be on top of that ball for sure. Also, I've gotta amp up my training for Tough Mudder. Running partners anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment