Saturday, January 22, 2011

SDCC 2011

This year, for the first time ever, I will be going to Comic-Con International in San Diego. I don't think I can sufficiently express how excited I am for this in words. I will be making the epic journey with my amazing pal, Andrea, and we will have a fantastic time. I am a little nervous, though. I haven't been to the States in about 16 years. I haven't been out of the country in about 5. I do really enjoy travelling, but I really don't do much of it, so it is a little nerve-racking every time a trip comes up. And most of my trips over the last few years have been within Canada (Vancouver a few times, Toronto once, and some other places not worth mentioning). This small-town Canadian nerd just doesn't get out enough.

Anyway, I am very excited for San Diego. I'm interested to see what artists and writers will be at the convention, not to mention celebrities and what-not. And we'll be right in the action with any of the exciting news and announcements that always seem to come out of these things. And there is no one in the world I'd rather go to something like this than my right-hand-geek, Andrea. Now if only registration would FINALLY open up.

Well, this post isn't anywhere nearly as exciting as I had intended it to be, but it wasted a few minutes of my boring Saturday night at home, so mission accomplished! Now I'm going to research things to do in San Diego and the surrounding area. If you have any ideas, let me know! (he says to his non-existant following...)

1 comment:

  1. I cannot say how super excited I am to be joining you on this epic adventure! We are going to have SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete