Saturday, June 22, 2013

Not Yet a Tough Mudder

Alright. I have no idea what to blog about. I was up late last night and and up early this morning, so I'm currently sitting at Starbucks caffeinating myself. Still half asleep. Not a good way to start the day. Oops.

I guess I'll start with an update of my athletic accomplishments (read: failures). I have definitely NOT gotten back into the gym like I intended to. I actually went and cancelled my membership on Thursday. I am going to try to get back to it once I'm in Vancouver though. I've been trying to stay active, though. I have been walking a lot. I need to step it up to running, but over 13 km over the last two days isn't so bad. I've been using the Zombies, Run! app on my iPhone for a while, and it makes running/walking a lot more fun.

This weekend a bunch of people I know are down in Whistler doing Tough Mudder. Last year when the one group of friends went, I decided that I was gonna do it this year. That didn't happen, clearly, but I'm making myself a promise right here on the Internet for all to see. I am going to get myself into shape to do Tough Mudder next year. The training needs to start pretty much immediately.

It is about time I make myself do these things I want to do. No one else is going to do it for me, I've got to push myself to be better. It's something I care about, something I want to do, so I've got to get it done. Anyway, self-pep-talk over, I think I'm gonna end this for now. Like I said, I don't have much to blog about, so that's it. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment