Saturday, November 3, 2012

Athletic Update

I haven't posted anything lately on my athletic efforts! And there's pretty good reason for that. I am a giant failure in that department lately.

So, about a month or so ago... Maybe longer? Anyway, a while ago, I hurt my foot while running. I have no idea what I did, but it hurt pretty bad for a few days, then went away, so I tried running again. Came back worse. And didn't really go away. It started out just feeling like the heel of my foot was bruised. But then it became a tightness right across my foot. Not a happy feeling.

By now, I really should go see my doctor about it. I've had a couple people tell me what it probably is, and how rolling my foot on a soup can or similarly shaped object would probably help. A professional opinion is probably a good idea though.

Anyway, that's my excuse for not running. But I really need to start doing something again. I'm worried that all the work I put in before will fade away, and I don't want that. So it's time to kick myself in the ass. Screw the cold, that's what the nice heated gym is for! My awesome gym buddies are all busy when I'm free, so it's time to motivate myself and just go.

It's odd how difficult it seems to make myself go. I enjoy the gym, so why don't I like going TO the gym? Once I'm there, it's all good, but getting myself there is always a problem.

Well, I'm gonna set myself a goal. I'm going to the gym at least once, preferably twice, before next Saturday's blog post. I'll report how things went and set a new goal. And maybe throw in something nerdy as well. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment