Saturday, June 9, 2012

Excuses, Excuses

Well! It certainly has been a long time (...again)! I'm gonna blame my lack of updates on the constant state of upheaval my life has been in for the last few months, or really, the last year and a bit. It's funny how a failing relationship can totally destroy one's mind.

I didn't intend this blog to ever cross into this area of my life, but it's time to get a little bit personal.

I swear, being in love makes people (read: me) stupid. It's not a new theory, I know. I was with this guy for more than 5 and a half years. Would've been 6 in a little less than two weeks. Turns out, he was a lying cheating asshole (pardon my French). I discovered just how bad it was a little over a year ago. Should have left him right then, but being all stupid (in love) I took him back. It never got better. I could never trust him. Turned the relationship into an odd roommate situation where we both pretended to be happy in love. It was all pretty awful. He continued to sleep his way through the gay population of PG, and I chose to ignore the signs until one day a few months ago when I finally had enough and ended it. I'm sure he's telling people we just grew apart, or some variation where I'm the villain. I'm not perfect, I'll never claim to be. But when the guy you wanted to marry completely shatters the image of the future you imagined, i don't think anyone expects perfection. I sure hope not anyway.

So post break-up, we still lived with each other for a couple months. He was working out of town so it wasn't so bad, but when he was back in town, he'd still go whoring it up, but now didn't care to hide it from me. So once again, camel's back broke (poor camel) and I made a snap decision to move out. It was actually a lot of fun with some friends helping me out, cheering me on as we went. I seriously have some amazing friends.

So now I'm in this odd transitional period in my life, staying with an unspecified family member while all of my stuff is in storage. It will end soon, I have a new place to move into with a very very good friend of mine (and hopefully another very very good friend I just finally reconnected with). At that point, I'm hoping my life will finally be back to normal.

So those are my excuses for not blogging. I've very clearly had a lot going through my mind (leaving a trail of destruction that may or may not ever get cleaned up...). I know, I know. "Excuses, excuses Craig. Get your ass in gear." Don't worry. I don't plan on letting this keep me down any longer. There's so much to look forward to. And I've already got ideas of nerdy things to talk about! E3 just ended, so I can talk about all the fun stuff from that. PLUS: SAN DIEGO COMIC CON!!! I seriously can't wait for this again. San Diego is gonna be fantastic. Anyway. Time for work! I must bid you all adieu. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment